Parents! We need your help with Youth Dinners on Sunday night. This volunteer position requires the following responsibilities:
-Prepare a meal and dessert for all youth and 45's students as well as serve and clean up after dinner. (Approximately 100 students and adult volunteers)
-Set out trash cans and recycle bins for students to use.
-Collect $3 from students, count and deposit money into the church safe.
- Total time required - approximately 2 hours.
Once you have signed up, I will send a separate email regarding specific instructions and timeline for the dinner process. It will be your responsibility to purchase the items you need for dinner, then you will give Joanna Sell the receipt to be reimbursed for your expenses.
It is suggested to partner up with another family! Many hands make lighter work!
Thank you for your help in this important ministry for our youth!
For more info contact Joanna Sell.
Youth Parent & Sunday Night Dinner Coordinator
Peace Youth Expectations
… of the Youth Counselors
- You should always be well informed about any Peace Youth events through email, the
website, and our church bulletin.
- All youth will be treated equally, with love, respect, and caring.
- Every Youth Counselor is trained on working in Youth Ministry, educated in the United
Methodist Child/Youth Protection Policy, and has had a national background check completed
- All youth will be given a safe place to explore their relationship with God, to learn, and to
develop healthy friendships.
…of the Youth
- They will treat all Youth Counselors and adults involved in the ministry with respect.
- Physical violence, cursing, or emotionally hurtful behavior will not be tolerated.
- They will put all they have into any Peace Youth activity – you get out of it what you put into it.
- In public, they will carry themselves with respect and dignity.
- In public, they will stay in groups of three or more no matter where we are.
- If they have a question about an event, they will check the calendar, their email, the bulletin,
and the website before calling.
- They will only sign up for events that they know they will be attending. They will also contact
Katherine if they cannot attend an event they have previously signed up for.
…of the Parents
- You will bring your youth on Sunday nights at all costs.
- You will drop off your youth no earlier than 15 minutes prior to any event (including Sunday Nights) unless instructed otherwise.
- You won’t use missing Sunday Night Youth as punishment. Youth ministry should not be looked at as a privilege.
- You will help chaperone events, provide meals, and work fundraisers.
- If you have a question about an event, you will check the calendar, your email, the bulletin,
and the website before calling.
- You will bring to Katherine any concerns or questions directly.
- You will keep Katherine (or any of the counselors) updated with what is going on in your child’s life so that we can better minister to them.
- You will partner with us so that we can be in ministry together.
- You will hold youth responsible for any events they sign up to attend.
We love these students, and try to be a Christian example in their lives. It’s our goal to help them see God’s love and grace, and to help their relationship with Christ mature and grow.